2020 Cowbell Mathematics Competition Registration Portal: COWBELLPEDIA National Qualifying Examination & TV Quiz Show Competition Application / Registration Form Guidelines for 2019/2020 Edition | How to Register | Qualifying Written Exam | Tv Quiz Show | Major Grand Prize | Free of Charge.Latest Update: To all our Cowbellpedia fans, The 2020 Cowbellpedia Secondary School TV Quiz Show is currently being revamped to give you a better experience. In the meantime, you can visit our YouTube page to catch up on all previous episodes here --- >http://bit.ly/2n1lgr4 .Thanks for your patience, COWBELLPEDIA 2020 WILL BE BACK SOON! KEEP CHECKING BACK!
This is to inform the General Public, Principals / Teachers / Parents / Guardians, that the online registration for the 2020 Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition has began.
Online Registration for the 2020 CowbellPedia National Examination will begin on 1st January, 2020. Early registrations are encouraged .
Registration for this year's competition is STRICTLY ONLINE and Registration is FREE!
This competition is sponsored by your favorite brand, Cowbell - Our Milk. It is approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and endorsed by National Examination Council (NECO).
In the last 21 years, Cowbell has been involved in the sponsorship of Mathematics competition in Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
See: COWBELLPEDIA: 20th Anniversary of CowbellOurMilk & Mathematics (1998 - 2018)
- The objectives have remained the same over these years, as we believe in the total development of the Nigerian Child.
- To awaken the consciousness and interest in mathematics among Junior and Senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
- To improve students’ performance in Mathematics Pan Nigeria.
- To create a credible platform for identifying outstanding students and encouraging excellence in Mathematics.
- To provide a creditable platform that will reward excellence in the subject area of MathematicsOver the years, this platform for both Junior and Senior Secondary categories has evolved from the humble beginning of Lagos state only examination to a nationwide examination that has received the support of the Federal Ministry of Education.
From 2016, Cowbell-Our Milk has decided to bring all Mathematics intervention activities under one umbrella, COWBELLPEDIA.
1. Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics TV Quiz Show: is a national mathematics competition that is aired on major TV stations.
2. Cowbellpedia Radio Programme: is a 5-minute interactive radio Mathematics programme on major stations pan Nigeria.
3. Cowbellpedia Mathematics Mobile App: This can be downloaded on Google Play Store and Apple Store. With this App, students can test and sharpen their knowledge on the subject area of Mathematics.
4. Cowbellpedia Mathematics Past Questions: These are documents of the past questions of previous years national examination. With these documents, it will serve as a learning guide to students or be used to coach or brush them up, also enlighten them or create awareness of the type of questions they will be expecting during the written examinations
5. Cowbellpedia Compendium Past Questions: These are samples or questions of the Cowbellpedia TV Quiz Competition which are being held live and broadcasted on national tv. With this compendium, it will serve as a learning guide to students or be used to coach or brush them up, also enlighten them or create awareness of the type of questions they will be expecting during the TV Quiz Test.
6. Cowbellpedia Academy: Cowbellpedia Academy is one of the initiatives sponsored by Promasidor, the makers of Cowbell – Our Milk to mark the 20th anniversary of the relationship between Cowbell and Mathematics.
The Cowbellpedia Academy is a workshop specifically created to drive support and interest in Mathematics/ Science of the Nigerian students in collaboration with foreign Universities/Dons who will be on ground to workshop students and teachers across Nigeria.
All these are geared towards nourishing the dreams of Nigerian children by providing a platform that recognizes and rewards excellence in Mathematics in addition to the quality nutrition that is provided by the Cowbell brand for the nourishment of the Nigerian populace especially children.
We wish to express our sincere gratitude for the total support and encouragement given thus far and to seek your continued support in our efforts to help our students develop an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
The competition is in two stages:
- Stage 1: Qualifying Written Examination
- Stage 2: TV Quiz Show
Stage 1 (Qualifying Written Examination)How to enter
The Mathematics Competition is open to students from 10 - 18 years of age attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria. Entry into this competition is FREE.
Each School is required to present their BEST Ten (10) students in Mathematics (five from JSS3 and five from SSS2), irrespective of sex, religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the next stage of the competition.
To encourage Girl Child Education, we are making a humble appeal that Mixed Schools nominate a minimum two (2) girls for each category to represent such school.
- Go to www.cowbellpedia.ng
- Click on link to register your school
- Fill the form and submit. Ensure to fill all required fields.
- An email will be sent to the School and Primary contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
- Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. The school email address must be verified before you can login.
- Once school email is verified, login to the portal using the school email and password used to register.
- On successful login, you click on the Add Candidates under Candidate Management.
- Fill in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate's picture and click the Save Draft button.
- You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If you school is a mixed school, at least 2 of the candidates must be female or you won't be able to complete the registration.
- After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior) button will be shown on the page to "Register junior/senior candidates". Click the button to complete the registration of candidates for that category.
- A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and will also be mailed to the School, candidate and parent/guardian email address.
- Print this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed by the school principal.
- The confirmation slip will be required for admitting candidates at the examination venue.
General Rules and Regulations
- Stage 1 (Qualifying Written Examination) will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Saturday, March 14th, 2020 at 10:00am. However, accreditation of all candidates begins at 8:00am.
- Late comers will not be allowed to write the examination.
- Candidates are to come along with only a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- All candidates MUST be in their School Uniform.
- Please refer to examination center list to check for the center nearest you.
- The competition is ONLY open to Students in JSS 3 and SSS 2. Candidates in any other Grade/Class will be disqualified.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
COWBELLPEDIA 2020 NATIONAL EXAMINATION NOTICE BOARD:
All candidates should please note that upon successful registration for the Cowbellpedia examination, a confirmation slip will be sent to the school’s email. Each candidate is required to bring along to the examination centre a copy of this confirmation slip, duly signed by the school principal.
Schools that registered or participated in the 2019 Cowbellpedia do not need to register their schools this year.
All that is required to participate this year is the details of the students representing such schools. To do this:
1. Visit www.cowbellpedia.ng
2. Click on Log In on the top right corner of the page.
3. Fill out the forms for all representatives of the school in both categories (If applicable)
4. Ensure the profile of each student shows 100% completed
5. Highlight all students profile by clicking on all 5 profiles at once then click on the register button.
6. Upon successful registration, generate examination slips by clicking on the menu button (a 3-dot sign) on the top right corner of each student's profile.
7. Download and print slips. Copies of the slips will also be emailed to the school.
8. Students are to bring along duly signed examination slips to the examination centres on the scheduled examination date.
DEADLINEOnline Registration Starts On 1st January, 2020 and will end on Sunday March 8th, 2020 at 6:00PM.
- Candidates are advised to check their results online at www.cowbellpedia.ng as from Saturday, June 1st, 2020.
- We strongly recommend that students sit for the examination at centers nearest to them.
- Results can also be obtained from respective NECO State offices, State Ministries of Education and Promasidor Nigeria Ltd Offices nationwide.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for the second stage of the Quiz competition.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination
The Second Stage of the examination would be in an exciting TV Quiz format – Quarter-finals, Semi- finals and finals.Recap of Stage 2
- Stage Final examination is in TV Quiz format and is into stages: Preliminary, Semi-Final and Finals.
- All questions are developed by NECO
- This is serialized into 13 episodes and broadcast on major TV stations pan Nigeria.
- There are prizes for winners and other finalists with their teachers and schools
Students, Teachers and Schools Major PrizesFor Major Prizes for Students, Teachers and Schools please refer here.
WATCH DEMO VIDEO ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE COWBELLPEDIA COMPETITION ONLINE.
2020 Cowbellpedia Maths Competition Registration Guidelines | FREE Reviewed by Lagos Universities Info on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 Rating: