Lagos State Scholarship Board Bursary Award Application Form, Modalities for Disbursement, Application Guidelines and Closing Date for 2018/2019 Academic Session.Latest Update: Lagos State Bursary Award Interview Dates & Requirements 2018/2019.
The Executive Secretary of the Lagos State Scholarship Board wishes to inform students of Lagos indigene in tertiary institutions across the country and intending to be beneficiaries of either Bursary or Scholarship Award that after a crucial meeting with the NULASS Executives Thursday, 28th June, 2019 SALE OF FORMS FOR THESE AWARDS has been extended for two weeks, which means the SALE OF FORMS and REGISTRATION will close by 12 midnight of Friday 12th July, 2019.
This is to enable applicants’ time to process their forms, online registration and submission, as well as give intending applicants the opportunity of applying for the award.
HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WON’T BE ANY EXTENSION OF TIME AFTER THIS.
Interested applicants are hereby informed to apply via the Lagos State Scholarship Board Website by following the guidelines below:
See Also: Lagos State Bursary Award List of Successful Beneficiaries - 2017/2018 | PDF Download
MODALITIES FOR THE DISBURSEMENT OF BURSARY AWARDS:
- The applicant must have gained full time admission into a tertiary Institution.
- The applicant must be a bonafide indigene of Lagos State (by paternity).
- The applicant must purchase a Bursary application form. (Payment of N1, 000.00 for Bursary & N2, 000.00 for Law School Students) through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Alausa Secretariat
- Must attend Bursary award interview conducted by the Board & be screened by Panel Members who are Retired Seasoned Administrators, Permanent Secretaries /Directors and Traditional Rulers from the five divisions of Lagos State.
- They must present documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims like:
- Admission Letters.
- School Identity Cards.
- Letters from Oba & Letter from Local Government.
- All other relevant documents.
- If successful, must purchase a brochure at the cost of N1, 000.00 (One thousand naira) for Bursary & N2,000.00 (Two thousand naira) for Law School and Maritime Academy Students, Oron.
- Further screening at the Board to ensure that all required documents have been provided by the successful applicants and files opened for them.
- Files are sent to the Account Section for the processing of payment
- Account sections scrutinize each file to ensure genuineness of documents attached.
- Names of successful applicants are sent to the bank for the production of ATM Cards.
- Applicants sign all necessary documents in the accounts section and collect their ATM Cards.
|35, 000.00||Fresh Men (New intakes)|
|25, 000.00||Arts Students|
|30, 000.00||Science Students|
|40, 000.00||Physically challenged Students|
|50, 000.00||Law/Engineering/Medical Students|
OTHER INSTITUTIONS BURSARY
|40,000.00||Physically challenged Students|
|200,000.00||Law School and Maritime Academy Students|
BURSARY AWARD TO LAW SCHOOL STUDENTSFurthermore, this administration increased Bursary to Law School students by approving the rate of Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000. 00) only per bonafide indigene. This is to lighten their financial burden and it is paid once. A sum of Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000) only is also awarded to indigenes of the State studying in Maritime Academy.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Applicants are expected to first generate their “Bill, with the Bill Number” which will be used to effect payment in the Bank at the Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board, 254 Ipaja Road, beside NYSC Orientation Camp Agege.
- Each applicant will be issued a scratch card for online registration after payment; it is therefore advised that all applicants should check the back of the scratch card for adequate information on the online registration.
- Prospective applicants are to visit the Lagos State Bursary Award application portal after purchase of scratch cards http://lagosscholarship.xyz/
- Enter Scratch Card pin and Serial Number in the box provided to begin application.
- Click on the Begin Application Button to start with application and filling of information's
- Review and Submit application online.
All applicants are expected to submit the duly completed application forms with photocopies of all documents required by the Board at the interview venue, on dates to be announced later.
REQUIREMENTS:1 Evidence of indigeneship from either:-
(a) An Oba or (b) Local Government Council
2 Letter of Current Admission.
3 Student’s Identity Card.
4 Birth Certificate
5 Academic Certificates obtained
6 JAMB result slip
7 Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASSRA) identification card of the applicant
8 Photocopy of the payment receipt
9 Downloaded application form
Any other documentary evidence
Please ensure that your forms are procured directly from the Board’s office.
CLOSING DATESales of Forms will close on Friday 12th July, 2019 by 2:00 pm, while closure of the REGISTRATION PORTAL will be 12 midnight same day.
It is therefore advisable for intending beneficiaries to make sure that they purchase their forms latest by Thursday, 11th July; 2019.
Lagos State Bursary Award Application Form 2018/2019 | Apply Here Reviewed by Lagos Universities Info on Sunday, December 01, 2019 Rating: